1. SEE GENERAL RULES – ALL EVENTS
2. IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF EACH BULL RIDER TO READ AND UNDERSTAND ALL RULES PERTAINING TO HIS EVENT, THE DUTIES OF EACH RODEO OFFICIAL, AND THE RULES OF THE CAJUN RODEO ASSOCIATION IN GENERAL.
3. All contestants must be ready to compete when name is called.
4. No reruns or rerides due to contestant’s faulty equipment.
5. All bull’s horns must be cut to horn around a quarter. No splintered horns, head fighting bulls or otherwise.
6. Riding is to be done with one (1) hand, a loose rope, with or without handhold; no knots or hitches to prevent rope from falling off of bull when rider leaves him. Rider is allowed one additional person (besides himself) to pull his rope.
7. Rope must have a bell; no bell – no money.
8. Qualified ride is eight (8) seconds. The time starts when the animals front shoulders crosses the plane of the bucking chute.
9. If the flank comes off, a reride must be offered and taken on the same bull provided the rider makes a qualified ride. If bull runs off again, he may have another animal drawn for him.
10. If contestant’s rope breaks for any cause, contestant is not entitled to a reride. If rider makes a qualified ride with any part of the rope in riding hand he is to be marked, but rope must be under belly of bull.
11. Scores will be announced after each ride, if at all possible.
12. Contestants may pull ropes from either side in all riding events. Rope can only be pulled by one person.
13. There must be two (2) qualified bull fighters in the arena during bull riding. In case of an emergency or due to a bull fighter injury, the stock contractor has the authority to appoint a capable person to substitute the position.
14. In bull riding, if the animal repeatedly runs off, stops or throws himself down, he must be taken out of the draw until he is approved by the Bull Riding Director.
15. Contractor cannot hotshot or run at the animals with any object (walking cane, etc.) after the chute gate opens.
16. Stock Contractor must flank the bulls to the best of their ability.
17. Rider will be disqualified for any of the following offenses: a. Being bucked off before eight (8) seconds. b. Intentionally touching anything such as fence post, gates, etc., with his free hand or arm in order to keep himself on top of the bull. However, if the bull runs into or against something, such as a fence, post, gate, etc., causing the rider to touch said objects for protection, then this is to be unintentional touching and the rider is to receive a score. This will be left to the discretion of the judges. c. Any sharp spurs. Any style of spurs can be used as long as rowels are dull (5-star rowels).
18. It is mandatory that all bull riders wear an approved protective bull riding vest when participating in a CRA rodeo.
19. In any situation where there is no rule to govern, the decision of the judge will be final.