1. SEE GENERAL RULES – ALL EVENTS
2. IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF EVERY STEER WRESTLER TO READ AND UNDERSTAND ALL RULES PERTAINING TO HIS EVENT, THE DUTIES OF EACH RODEO OFFICIAL, AND RULES OF THE CAJUN RODEO ASSOCIATION IN GENERAL RULES.
3. Steers are to be loaded on left hand delivery of bucking chutes.
4. Chute dogging is to be run prior to the Barrel Racing.
5. Score line will be placed 15 feet from plane of the chute.
6. Time will start when steer's nose crosses the score line.
7. Competitor is not to touch the horns of the steer before the score line otherwise a 10 second penalty will be administered.
8. If steer gets loose not more than one step can be used to re-catch steer.
9. After crossing the score line, competitor must bring it to a stop, or change direction, then twist steer down by applying hold to head and/or horns. If steer is knocked down, tripped, holla handed, or thrown by putting horns into ground, or any other obvious illegal fall, steer must be let up and thrown again. Steer will be considered down only when it is lying flat, with all four feet are facing the same direction and all four legs clear from under him. Wrestler must have one hand on steer when flagged.
10. The fairness of throw will be left to the judges and their decisions will be final.
11. If steer is thrown or direction is changed under the power of the competitor before the time is started (rule 5), a no time will be administered.
12. A helper/tail man may be used to get steer going however shall not be touching the steer past the plane of the chute.
13. Stock Contractors shall endeavor to keep uniform set of steers, meaning weight and height; however, the privilege of eliminating uneven steers when necessary, will be retained by judge and/or Steer Wrestling Director. Animals used for this contest will be closely inspected before each performance, and objectionable animals will be eliminated. Contestants will not be required to compete on a crippled steer or steer with a broken horn. If contestant calls for steer, he accepts him as sound.
15. Steer's horns must be tipped.
16. Anyone altering the movement of the steer after time has started, in anyway will be fined $ 50.00.
17. In any situation where there is no rule to govern, the decision of the judge will be final.